All basement leaks give warning signs: damp spots, mildew, standing water, leaking cracks, water around the perimeter of the basement, etc. If the problem is dealt with immediately by a professional, you could stop a more costly repair or even structural damage.
- Standing water in basement
- Mold and mildew, white substance where floor and wall meet.
- Leaking cracks
- Sump pump failure
- Effervescence: Whitish crystalline deposits on block
- Locate underground utilities (Electric, Gas, Water if possible)
- Excavate exterior problem areas down to drain tile
- Replace all draintile
- Apply sealant and styrofoam
- Backfill with stone